Next up in my Etsy Love series is Cheryl from Cheryl Brisson Folk Art who paints jewellery boxes and other vintage and thrift shop finds. She also sells original artwork, art prints and cards. I just adore the whimsical style of Cheryl’s folk art. The attention to detail and vibrant colours are so relaxing to look at.
1. Tell us a bit about yourself and where the inspiration came from to start your Etsy shop.
I live in a small city in Northern Canada and was having trouble finding shops that fit my style of folk art – when I found Etsy I knew I’d hit the jackpot!
2. Do you have a favourite piece? Tell us about the thought process involved in creating it and why it is your favourite.
I loooove every vintage jewelry box that I paint – just knowing that someone gave that piece up and that with a little paint and imagination it will be beautiful and useful again – and holding someone’s precious jewels!
3. What is the biggest milestone you have achieved so far whilst selling on Etsy?
Shipping to Japan!
4. What are your future plans for your shop and crafting in general?
I want to keep growing my Etsy shop…I’m also interested in teaching classes and workshops (I’m a part-time Special Education teacher).
5. And finally let us know where we can find you.
Thank you for sharing with us Cheryl. It’s always great to see unwanted items being turned into something beautiful and given a new lease of life, and you do it with amazing style!